host a house show
Hello friends! We’re looking for people to host The End of America Living Room Shows.
Do you love live music and hosting events? Do you have a large living room, community space, loft, gallery, studio, or coffee shop that can safely and comfortably seat 30-50 people?
If so, we’d love to chat about a potential show in your space. But first, read the info and testimonials below to see if we’d be a good match!
What is a house show?
A house show is an intimate, often unplugged concert right in your home or space. They’ve become a very popular format for experiencing live music and are among our favorite to play. We’ve been so fortunate to have been welcomed in to many homes over the years and we’d love to do more.
Can you host a living room show?
We’ll make it as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your space for about 3 hours and check names off the list at the door (all ticket sales are handled through our website, you won’t have to handle any money).
If you love hosting, have neighbors that are cool with some acoustic music next door, and have the space, you’re good to go!
What’s in it for the host?
The good feels that come with knowing that you can facilitate:
The special moments between performers and audience that can only happen in such an intimate space.
A natural bond that can develop between people who enter a room as strangers and depart with shared memories of a musical experience.
The joy of watching people engage in an experience you helped create.
The occasional opportunity (at your house concert) for a new song to be publicly performed for the first time anywhere.
The artist with a safe and respectful space to perform and to interact directly with people who love and value music.
1. Read everything below so you know how it works.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org this info:
– a. Your city, state.
– b. A few photos of your living room.
– c. Please put “The End of America Living Room Show” and the name of your city in the subject line.
3. Hang tight and we’ll get back to as soon as possible..
The End of America [has] become one of the most beloved artists whom I host at my house concert series at The Loft in Yonkers, NY. My audience only wants to know when they will return. Other folks begged me to put them in contact with the band so that they could host them. It is an honor, a privilege, and sheer joy when they grace my home.
- Marc, Yonkers, NY
The End of America in our living room was The Beginning of Joy! Great guys, warm and playful and incredibly talented hardly describes the incredible music they create. We were already fans and were so glad that EVERYONE in our audience left a fan, too. These guys have greatness in their future with smart and catchy songwriting and harmonies like silk.
- Peter & Paula, River Spirit Music, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY
More details on how it works
1. There needs to be street parking, parking garage or public transportation nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably shouldn’t do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold.
2. Ticket price will be $20. Everyone must buy tickets in advance. No tickets will be sold at the door. All tickets sales are direct to fans from The End of America.
3. We’ll provide the host with a list of everyone coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive. We ask show guests to arrive at a time that’s convenient for you, but typically between 7:00-7:45pm. The shows start at 8pm and we ask everyone to be out of your space by 10pm.
4. Your address will not be published on the web and will only be given to people who purchase tickets.
6. The shows will promoted on our websites, Facebook and Twitter and word-of-mouth.
7. We’ll need your help to spread the word to your friends and family on your Facebook and Twitter too. We’ll create a Facebook event for each show and make you a host of the event so you can easily invite your friends (Thank you!). Remember, please don’t post your address. The address only goes to people after they buy tickets.
8. You don’t need any sort of sound system.
9. You don’t need seating for everyone. If you have a bunch of chairs, great! But most shows are floor seating and we let guests know they should bring a cushion or pillow to sit on during the show.
10. We love dogs and cats. But an excitable pet running around during the show can be distracting for the guests and performers. If you have curious and friendly 4-legged family members, would you be ok with putting them in another part of the house or sending them to a friend’s house during the show?
- James, Trevor, Brendon